The Drive Guides
Tips for Travelers
The continent of Heterocera
Route 1, Traverse Road and Atoll Road
Route 2 (and several other roads)
Route 3, 3a , 3b and 3.5
Route 6 and the Great Wall
SL Railway on Heterocera
Important intersections and road end points
The Continent of Gaeta 5
Route 7A and 7B
The Continent of Satori
Route 8B and Old Wagon Road
The Continent of Jeogeot
Route 9 and 9A
Route 10 and Northern Spur Road
Wellington Road and "The Shortcut"
West Coast Road, The Moleway and an Off-Road Route
The Continent of Corsica
Route 11 and Magellan Pass
Circuit La Corse and its sideroads
The Continent of Nautilus
Route Route 12, 12A and 12B
The great wall is, as you might expect, a huge wall. It also has a roadway on top. I've lumped it together with Route 6 because The Great Wall ends at the western end of Route 6. You can ride on top of the Great Wall, or down inside of it, but I wouldn't reccomend inside. Inside there are several stairwell openings with no guard rails, and I managed to fall into one of them on my scooter. I suppose a car would do better, lol.
The southern end of the wall starts at a giant Egyption-ish temple located on Robin Loop. The Roadway itself connects to the roof of the temple, and there is a rez zone up there to the left of the reflecting pool. You may have a little trouble getting across the reflecting pool to the road, but just be resourceful ;)
Route 6 is also known as "The High Mountain Road" as it clings to the sides of some of the tallest peaks in Second Life. This road is a pleasant, rustic drive through wooded areas and covered bridges and tunnels. It has a surprising number of buildings along its path, considering the tall mountainsides it travels along. Definitely a fitting end to all of the road routes available on Heterocera.
The southeastern end of Route 6 dead ends at some private property, but the SLRR Pavonia Station is a short distance staight ahead, so you can catch a train from here :)
Great Wall landmarks (click to go to the landmark)
- Southern end of The Great Wall
- Entrance to Happy Family Fun Park (on right)
- Entrance to Great Wall Gallery
- Northern end of the Great Wall, start of western side of Route 6
Watch out, the roadway on the Great Wall ends abruptly with a dropoff down to Route 6.
Route 6 Landmarks
- Start of western side of Route 6 (Go north for Route 6, the Great Wall is to the south)
- Route 6 Rez Zone, Athetis (right at the start of Route 6)
- The Gallery for Peaceful Minds (large Japanese Shrine)
- Pavement begins
- Route 6 Rez Zone, Lota
- Route 6 Rez Zone, Moth
- Roadway continues, but name changes to "Protected Land"
- Route 6 Rez Zone, Campanula
- Route 6 Rez Zone, Perizoma
- End of pavement here, but the route still continues
- Route 6 Rez Zone, Sabre
- Southeastern end of Route 6 (Rez zone)
- SLRR Pavonia Station
See the mainland, by highway!